Thursday, July 8, 2010

Bush lemon cordial and butter

We have a few big old 'bush lemons' on our block. I had never heard of them before moving over here. I'm not quit sure what they are or where they came from but I think they might be citrus root stock that has gone feral, that's just a guess. But they are definitely lemons even though now they have gone quit orange they still taste like lemons. The main difference is their very thick gnarley rind.






Saying that I still maneged to get a lot of juice out of them and make some delicious bush lemon cordial.



At the moment we are getting our milk unhomogenised from the local organic dairy. It really is the best milk in the world!!! I love it! From the cream I skimmed off the top I managed to make my own butter. I just put it in the food processor and like a small miracle it separated into butter and butter milk. It made me surprisingly happy.

No comments: