Saturday, October 15, 2011

Rhubarb

What a beautiful day, hanging out with Em – a little singing, a little weeding, a little cake. We’re still adjusting to daylight saving so we’re only just working out that in order to get Noah into bed before 9-9.30pm we need to be having dinner while it’s still light outside. Subsequently he’s been sleeping in until about 9am in the morning, sometimes playing with his toys before he comes out - the other day he emerged around midday. Imagine what he’s going to be like as a teenager.

My choir teacher is sniffing the valley to see if there’s enough interest for a local choir so this morning I went along to the singing workshop she was holding at Hollisdale, armed with a rhubarb and apple tea cake. Our rhubarb is going off at the moment and we're loving it. Unfortunately only six of us turned up, enough for a good sing but not enough for a regular class. Singing is such a pleasure at the moment and I’m determined to keep it that way. I don’t need any extra worries in my life so I’m just not worrying about it. It’s a nice feeling.


Back at home Em and I made a start on clearing the track down to our new waterhole spot. It has been raining a little here in the last few days so the days are still cool and not too sunny – nice weather for working. Or pottering. We pottered along, clearing privet and making big piles to put through the shredder for the compost. By the time we have cleared it all it will probably be summer and we’ll be able to jump straight in.

“I’m grateful that I went up to Morrow’s house.”
(Confused? Look)

No comments: