Monday, September 19, 2011

Four quick strokes

Jean, Emma’s Nana, has been staying with Sue and Rob since she came down for Rob’s birthday last week. I made it back from choir tonight in time to see her before she left to catch her train back to Noosa. I’m not sure what it is, maybe the couple of glasses of punch she had at the party the other night, but I’ve been seeing similarities between her and Emma – the sweet tooth, the love of naps and maybe just a little cheekiness.


When I finally got home I decided to throw caution to the wind and try my straight edge razor for the first time. Yikes. After a good lather and a little shaking I emerged half an hour later triumphant, smooth and unbloodied. I’m looking forward to the day when I can shave with four quick strokes while riding a horse.

No comments: