Sunday, September 18, 2011

The USofA

Ryan has taken over the blog, and is doing a wonderful job. So much so that I have been even more slack in posting anything, including photos of my America trip. So here are a very few out of the 700 or so I took.







New York. What can I say. We sent 11 days there walking, sight seeing, catching the subway.
We had some very touristy experiences- a show on Broadway, going to the Metropolatian Museum of Art. We also had untouristy experiences- a lot of lady boys in the Meat Packers district, fear and loathing in the trogloditic labyrinth that is the subway system.





My sister and I then went driving for a week through the beautiful country side of Virginia and Pennsylvania (thanks for looking after Soph, Ken). Saw many great and wondrous things including bears in the Shenandoah, Amish people in Lancaster county and the biggest bestest barns ever.


The Amish are cool and very interesting. I don't know why they are so interesting but they are. I was very exited at my first horse and buggy encounter. They pulled up behind us coming out of the supermarket car park. I think I was more excited than when I saw the bears.
We got to go to a working Amish dairy, (although there was the option of a helicopter tour of the Amish "Lower, lower. I think I can see one!") and had a small look around their farm. Neat, white washed, good mules. Love it!






We stayed two nights on a gorgeous little raw milk organic dairy. The owner Kitty had an old log cabin converted into a farmstay. Kitty was awesome and really loved our interest in her cows.

So now I'm back and getting into things again, trying to work things out, how to live a better life and of course make some money and have a little time for fun.

No comments: