Friday, September 9, 2011

Run and Scratch

I’m missing my little camera. I would have taken a photo of the paving Jim and I are working on, snaking its way across the front yard. I really like the look of recycled bricks in paving, the sweeping curves with the strong border and the distracting herringbone infill suit it well. Em thinks her mum might have a camera we could use. I really hope so.

On the way home I stopped at the produce store and bought lucerne chaff, mill run and scratch, also enquiring about the sulphur content of their stock licks (I’m after 16 percent not the regular 12). As I was being served it struck me how far I had come from my city life.

Em has been feeling sick today, nothing too serious but unpleasant all the same, battling through with Noah. I bought her some flowers on the way home, not even thinking to cheer her up or anything noble, but just because she assures me that women like that kind of thing. So I buy her some every now and then when I remember, as I am rather fond of her.

“I’m grateful that I watched two DVDs until you got here.”
(Confused? Look)

No comments: