Thursday, September 22, 2011

Just the tonic

The orange trees are in blossom again. The scent is one of my favourites and I break off little branches to take with me to work, to put in the car. Just the tonic for hard days, uninspiring days. I bury my nose in the blossoms and the smell cuts right through to my soul and lifts me up.

Em and I have finished our Small Farm workshops and our heads are full again of ideas, this time about making butter. Emma is quite passionate about it and as there is no substitute for passion in life now we need to work out how to make it happen. In the midst of all these ideas we’re working hard to raise the netted orchard into existence and finish the garden. But today I spent working in town while Em was kept busy with Noah and his friend Denny who was over for the day.


“I’m grateful that Morrow comed over after school.”
(Confused? Look)

No comments: